Hastings Hypnotherapy Can Help You!
“The purpose of life is to give birth to the best which is within us.” ee Cummings
Do you ever feel you’d like to be the best you can be but something is holding you back?
It could be anything.
Stress? Anxiety? Low Self Esteem? Sense of failure …. in your job? As a parent? In life?
A habit or even an addiction? Smoking? Drugs? Overweight?
A life threatening health issue that is affecting you physically, mentally and emotionally?
Or perhaps you’re on a spiritual journey and you want to access information from your Soul? Yes, access information from your soul.
I think I’ve about seen it all – and so far, I have not experienced anything that cannot be achieved with desire, motivation and commitment.
Susan Hastings, Certified Hypnotherapist
Many people I know are going through some kind of change and transition. Through Hypnotherapy, you can experience these challenging times with grace, happiness and a new lease on life. It’s not a matter of believing this can be accomplished with Hypnotherapy – for me, it’s a matter of knowing it, as I’ve experienced it both with myself and through helping others.
I continue to be very excited to offer Hypnotherapy. With my background as a therapist and coach, combined with my ever-present interest in personal/professional/spiritual growth, it was a natural next step for me and a significant way to make a difference.
It’s hard to put in words what hypnotherapy is doing for my clients. My highest value for myself is to make a difference and I experience over and over how hypnotherapy is making a difference for them – in many cases, a big one. I received a totally unsolicited email with the message “You changed my life. Really.” Of course I know I did not change her life – she did. I was just the conduit, but it shows what’s possible when someone is motivated to make positive change.
What Makes Hypnosis So Life Changing?
It’s the combination of therapy, coaching and hypnosis that works so well. Any of the three is good but the combination is over the top. I take a lot of time with each client, listening to their needs and desired outcomes, knowing that there are probably deeper issues than they may know. And I put them in trance and work with their issues on the deeper subconscious level – both those they know about and those they don’t.
In the trance process, I repeat back to them the messages they gave me about their desired outcomes, the benefits they will receive as well as other important messages that are in alignment with what they have already told me. The subconscious is like a computer: it says “Yes” to everything we say so I am loading it several times with positive statements.
I also tell them the importance of saying “Cancel. Cancel.” to any negative thoughts that may come to mind and replace with a positive statements. Studies show that the average person has between 600-1200 words a minute go through their mind and for most people, 75%-80% of those words are negative. Therefore, canceling the negative and replacing with the positive is very important for optimum results.
And finally, no hypnosis session would be complete without adding Self Hypnosis to continue the momentum from what we have done together. After the first session, I teach my client how to hypnotize themselves – it’s very easy to learn and only requires a few minutes a day to give benefits. Basically all hypnosis is self hypnosis so learning how to relax, visualize and affirm their desired results, often makes a huge difference. I have 4 different Self Hypnosis techniques I teach and give whatever seems most appropriate at the end of each session.
A colleague of mine, Dan Cantrell, gave a wonderful Ted Talk about Self Hypnosis (and a lot more!) that I think you would enjoy and find informative. Click here to watch the video.
Does it always work with amazing results? No. My experience has been that success depends on the motivation of the client. When there is a sincere desire for change that is stronger than their desire to continue their current behavior, the answer is “Yes”.
Some Examples Please?
A few of my recent favorites are:
- A 60 year old woman, suffering for years from severe Multiple Sclerosis, had been wheel chair bound for years. She had tried Cell Stem Therapy as well as several other modalities but nothing had helped much. After just two hypnosis sessions, she took her first steps and now, just months later she continues her healing. You can read more about her experience in a Testimonials message her care taker wrote me. One of the most amazing experiences in working with this client is, while she was in trance, I was given the message from her legs “We want to walk. We want to walk.” Obviously they did.
- A teenager who has a very debilitating disease and had to make many very painful trips to Boston for his care. As a result of the pain he associated, he had intense anxiety about riding in a car. After just a couple of sessions, he totally overcame any anxiety and now rides in a car easily, both for good times as well as continued doctor sessions. In addition, his anxiety about other issues has significantly lessened.
- A 57 year old woman whose doctor wanted to put her on End-Of-Life because of her debilitating lung disease determined not to give up. Her doctor said to stop smoking was the only hope. She had not been smoke free for one day since she was 11! Weeks later she so far has not had one cigarette and feels fantastic and free! She had tried hypnosis twice before, had left the session and reached for a cigarette. I am convinced that the reason it worked this time is because she was highly motivated. She wasn’t before. Motivation is key!
- One of my favorite Hypnotherapy techniques is Soul Coaching. With this modality, a client has a desired result for the question: “If your soul could speak to you now, what would it say (about the issue?)”. I then put the client in trance and talk with the client from the soul’s perspective. One gentleman had had very negative experiences with both his mother and his ex-wife who had just passed. It was amazing what ensued: they both spoke with me and I gave their message to my client. The result? He appeared at my door with a pair of very expensive sunglasses so I could also see the world from rosy glasses as he now could. He also bought two dozen red roses and put one dozen each on both his mother’s and his wife’s graves.
- And my most recent that I just received: “Thank you a thousand times for helping me adopt a healthier lifestyle. It is liberating to not feel tethered to an altered state of being. This process would have been much more challenging without your continued support…W.M.”
The above are relatively recent client experiences. Let me tell you about one of the first: I had a client who came to me who wanted to be happier; she acknowledged that she is so negative that even her children don’t want to talk with her; in fact she said one of the reasons they moved to California was to get away from her. Furthermore, she had lost friends and she did not get along with her husband. After one session with her doing daily self-hypnosis and canceling negative thoughts (she had a LOT, she said), she was feeling a lot more positive; after the second session she was singing in the shower (really??!!); after the third session, she was solid. I usually recommend three sessions but it’s their choice. She wrote me a month after her last session in which she said ”All is well; I am having the best winter ever! I’ve had great conversations with my kids, went to a concert with old friends and am getting along better with my husband. Life is good!” I know, I could hardly believe it myself!
That gave me confidence. I thought: “If hypnotherapy can be so successful with a negative person, just think how successful it can be with a positive one, which most people are“. And the journey continues!
Wherever I am I can work with you,
Hypnotherapy by phone! And Skype!
I have always done a lot of my coaching and therapy by phone – it’s easier for my clients (they don’t have to leave their office or home, find a place to park, etc) and equally easy for me. But I hadn’t done phone hypnotherapy with deep issues. I was delighted to discover that it is every bit as effective as in person.
To read a couple of experiences that clients have experienced with phone sessions, you can read them on Testimonials.
I’d love to share Hypnotherapy with you – either in person, on the phone, or Skype! I know the difference it can make!